[CT Birds] Northern Shrike yes

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 12:30:44 EST 2015

​1/15  Haddam Meadows State Park, Haddam.
Judy Moore and I had nice views of the Northern Shrike about 10:10AM , past
the yellow metal gates by the dam, well camouflaged in low thickets, then
flying around the frozen marshy area and perching in some low trees.  5
Eagles eating a carcass on the frozen river, 5 Eastern Bluebirds,
Common Mergansers flying over the river, Mockingbird, chickadee (sitting
way too close to the Shrike), and 1 Kestrel perched in a tree as we were
leaving.
Bev Propen, Orange
Judy Moore, Woodbridge