[CT Birds] Possible GYRFALCON- Greenwich

Stefan Martin nafets519 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 09:59:30 EST 2015

9:30- I just observed an extremely large dark Falcon flying leisurely West from the South end of Eagle Pond. I was picking through Gulls at the time when they suddenly spooked. I turned my attention to the sky and picked up this bird just making tree line to my right. Very bulky, dark Falcon with stiff 'half' wing beats. The bird payed no attention to the Gulls and continued West. I'm currently stationed on the West end of the park with no additional sightings. Everybody along the coast should keep your eyes peeled! Great captains Island could be a good place to keep an eye on.

Stefan Martin
Stamford

Sent from my iPhone