[CT Birds] Southbury Greater White-fronted Goose

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Fri Jan 16 13:10:58 EST 2015

The Greater White-fronted Goose continues on Lake Zoar, down "river" from Mitchell Farm.  It was in the first group of geese I encountered coming up River Road from the east.

Plenty of gulls at lunchtime today, but with the high winds they were quite restless and did not allow for much study.   I got a quick glimpse of a probable sub-adult Lesser Black-backed Gull up on the model airplane field, but only based on its open wings sticking up above the hilltop a couple of times.

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut