[CT Birds] Article on kite string dangerous to wildlife

wingsct at juno.com wingsct at juno.com
Sat Jan 17 08:20:29 EST 2015

Last summer, there was an incident reported on CT Birds aboutdangerous kite string found by birders in the marsh at HammonassettState Park.  I'm wondering if there has been any follow-up by DEEP toprevent a repeat of this practice in CT. Below is a link to an article reporting the impact of this "sport" and traditionupon wildlife in India.  We're having a discussion about this on another listserve for wildlife rehabilitators. http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2015/jan/14/uttarayan-bird-fatalities-kite-festival -india-makar-sankranti-january-14 Meredith SampsonOld Greenwich