[CT Birds] Pine Siskins

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Sat Jan 17 12:38:52 EST 2015

A couple of days ago I had 1 Pine Siskin on my nyjer feeder,  for the first
time in a few years. Today there are at least 5 on the feeder at  one time.
The Goldfinches squabble constantly and try to knock each other off  their
perches, but the Siskins don't even budge, like they were glued to the  pegs.
I notice that recently quite a few people are having Siskins  come to their
feeders. It's surprising to me because there were thousands that  went
through Lighthouse Point this year, and they were pretty much gone by the  end
of the Hawk Watch. I figured they had all headed further on south.
I wonder if this new wave of birds is from a different  area than the
earlier ones.
Pics:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ejb2ffwhe13lcg8/AAA-eAWtJbgIUQGxOh1GKdVSa?dl=0

Don Morgan, Coventry, Ct