[CT Birds] To Don on Siskins

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jan 17 21:07:38 EST 2015

As you are seeing Don, I get more Siskins as times goes on as well. I believe they are late movers, the ones who stay north - unlike the fall movements seen early in CT, and with the cold and snow to the north, they slowly push south into CT and elsewhere. As I mentioned before, Here in NW CT this fall and so far this winter, their are so few birds to be seen up here. Usually we are the first to get the winter visitors in CT, but its really dead up here this winter - so far! Except for feeder birds, even the residents as well as migrants seem to be missing up here, and with water frozen since late Dec, no water birds to see as well. Worst winter Ive seen up here in ages!

Paul Carrier - Harwinton