[CT Birds] Red-shouldered Hawks

careydavid at sbcglobal.net careydavid at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 18 16:18:22 EST 2015

During the Christmas bird count this year (Haddam/east Haddam) while the red tail out numbered the red shoulder, we saw plenty of both. 12 and 4 respectively.   Three of the four were perched together in a tree at Eagle Landing State Park (by East Haddam swing bridge). That was a first. I also had a pair nest in the front yard last spring (near Tylerville). Hoping they will be back this year.

Captain Dave