[CT Birds] Red-shouldered Hawks

Mark Szantyr birdinggeek at gmail.com
Sun Jan 18 16:51:17 EST 2015

At least from my NE CT point of view, and as i have noted before, I see at least as many Red-shouldered Hawks as Red-tailed in my wanderings, and my feeling is that i see many more Red-shouldered. A look at notes from the last two weeks up here in Tolland and Windham counties shows 9 individual Red-shouldered ( no repeated locations) and only 4 Red-tailed Hawks.

On an attempt for the shrike, i added two more red-shouldered at the park. Five red-tails were added along RTs 384, 84, 91, and 9

Mark

Mark Szantyr