[CT Birds] Painted Bunting/Gyrfalcon

Michael Turso mjt0328 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 22:05:27 EST 2015

Hi all!

I was wondering if I could get any information on the Painted Bunting
seemingly wintering in Connecticut. I just found out about it now (I'm from
NJ), and I'm planning on going for it tomorrow morning. I could really use
things like where it's commonly seen and what time it's usually active.

Also, has this Gyrfalcon nearby been confirmed? If so, where?

One more thing, if I go tomorrow, I'll also do some more birding around.
Where else would be good for just casual birding for a nice species

Thank you everyone for any help, I greatly appreciate it!

- Michael Turso
  Bergen County, NJ
  mjt0328 at gmail.com