[CT Birds] Hudson River eagles

Kevin kevindoyle01 at charter.net
Thu Jan 15 20:49:07 EST 2015

Season not all like in the past . Why maybe lack of ice.The past few years the count was well into the hundreds. Personally in 3 trips 8 total. Today though for nearly 6 hours I had a pair from their actions there is no doubt. One flying off then the other and both returning one after the other and perched side by side.

Due to the location we can get close and observe eagle action probably like no other than going to Alaska.

Now about ice I noticed with the outgoing tide plenty of ice flows and large slabs . Thusly north of the Bear Mountain Bridge the river is frozen. Down river also. I quess it will take another week of real cold and no rain.

As for seeing eagles as in the past 4 years ...I can't answer that. If I personally don't see them on the ice what I saw today more than makes up for it.

If any of you roll maybe wait till early February and even then it's a roll of the dice.

Good luck.

Kevin from New Milford
Kevindoyle01 at charter.net

Sent from Blue Mail