[CT Birds] Red-shouldered Hawks - East Haddam

teustis at killingworthlibrary.org teustis at killingworthlibrary.org
Sat Jan 17 16:17:59 EST 2015

Hi, Jay!
Red-shouldereds, like other birds of prey, are starting to scope out
nesting territories during this time of year. They'll pair off and start
mating as early as February. So it's possible you saw all different
birds - they're just more active now, so you're more likely to see them.
(I heard our resident red-shouldered calling today, too.)
:-)  Tammy Eustis, Chester