[CT Birds] Red-shouldered Hawks

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Sun Jan 18 11:23:59 EST 2015

Shoulders will readily eat anything from birds to small  mammals. They take
birds much more readily than Red-tails (probably because they  are a little
smaller and more maneuverable) and are notorious for hanging around  yards
with lots of feeder birds. Like the 2 that live in woods across the street
from me and have apparently decided to spend the winter here for the first
time  this year. The two of them hang around my yard a good part of the day,
sometimes  one, sometimes both. I can say for a fact that they are partial
to  Bluejays.
Don Morgan, Coventry, Ct
mntncougar at aol.com