[CT Birds] 2 Rough-legged hawks at Madison-Guilford boat launch

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Mon Jan 19 22:11:57 EST 2015

I went to the East River Boat launch this morning and spent  about 3 hours,
intermittently seeing a RLHA flying and kiting over the marsh and
sometimes teed up in a tree. However at one point the bird was in a tree and a
second one came and hovered over it. The first bird took off and flew over the
marsh, and the 2nd one landed in the tree for a few minutes. Then it took
off  again, circled a few times and departed to the west. No doubt in my mind
they  were both Rough-legs.
The original bird spent most of its time near the river and at  the edge of
the marsh on the far side, but at one point it  flew out to the  ocean
side, hovered a while, then landed in a tree by the last house.  I  drove up and
then walked down past the end of the main road onto the beach and  managed
to get some decent pictures, especially when it flew and went right by  me.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y78owrbj40gsza4/AABp8JDz_siLwYxHOFCfVoz3a?dl=0

Don Morgan, Coventry, Ct
mntncougar at aol.com