[CT Birds] Project SNOWstorm presentation at CTAudubon event Sunday at Milford City Hall @ 2:30pm

Don Crockett doncrockett63 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 20:49:43 EST 2015

I'll be giving another presentation on Project SNOWstorm tomorrow for
Connecticut Audubon. They've moved the event to the Milford City Hall
Auditorium to accommodate more people. Seats in the balcony are available
on a first-come/first-served basis for $10 (money to cover the cost of
renting the auditorium).

The Hidden Lives of Snowy Owls

Are the Snowy Owls that visit us in southern New England starving diurnal
tundra-loving rodent-eaters?

I'll be giving a presentation on some of the things we've learned about
Snowy Owl behavior from tracking 22 owls last winter using GPS
transmitters.  I'll discuss some background on Snowy Owls, last year's
unprecedented irruption, and Project SNOWstorm. Then I'll present some of
the GPS tracks of owls along the coast of MA & NJ so people can better
understand the hidden lives that Snowy Owls we see locally may be leading.

Sunday, January 25
2:30-3:30 p.m.
Milford City Hall Auditorium
110 River Street, Milford, CT 06460

More info at:
http://www.ctaudubon.org/2015/01/the-hidden-lives-of-the-snowy-owl-a-presentation-by-don-crockett-of-project-snowstorm

You can learn more about Project SNOWstorm and explore the Snowy Owl maps
on your own at: http://projectsnowstorm.org

--
Don Crockett
Great Blue Media Works, Owner - http://greatblue.com