[CT Birds] flicker tale

Glenn Williams gswilliams9 at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 25 13:46:58 EST 2015

My father just brought in a deceased flicker.  He said that he saw it in my backyard on the ground.  He walked over to check if it was alright and it took off in rapid flight toward the woods.  Then, it just fell from the sky, dead.  I don't know that I have heard of a bird falling from the air like that without being shot but it must happen on occasion.  He said that it took off and flew in a completely normal manner, not as if it was sick or injured.
Glenn WilliamsMystic