[CT Birds] Black Vulture in Manchester

Katherine Kuckens katkuckens at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 16:57:35 EST 2015

Maggie P., late on Friday afternoon, I was on my way to Buckland Hills
Mall, coming from 384.  Driving on that long access ramp, you pass a pond
near David'd Bridal, right before intersecting with 84.  Traffic was
backing up along there, as usual. I looked over at the pond and saw a black
vulture standing on the ice near the edge of the pond.  I thought I must be
seeing things, but the more I looked, the more I thought it was indeed a
black vulture!  Just saying that, as the crow flies, that pond is very
close to Hilliard and Duval Streets!

Kat Kuckens