[CT Birds] Sandhill Crane in Stonington -- Lambert's Cove

Dan Rottino rottino at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 21 19:00:21 EST 2015

Stonington - Lambert's Cove/St Mary's Cemetery (Rte 1).  At 5:00pm the sandhill crane was on the ice behind all the waterfowl.   It walked to the bare ground at the base of the railroad tracks and was there in the dark when I left.  Two trains came by and it didn't budge.  Seen with two other birders but the light was poor by then and so are the photos but the photos are recognizable.  The bird could not be found in the cornfields at 4:25 and was not seen on the cove at 4:40.  I left and returned and there it was.

Bird Forever Work Whenever
Dan Rottino
East Haddam, CT