[CT Birds] Southbury Gulls

Comins, Patrick PCOMINS at audubon.org
Wed Jan 28 12:24:00 EST 2015

There were two Iceland Gulls (presumed to be the same ones) continuing near Mitchell Farm.  I did not pick out the Mew, but I wouldn't assume that it isn't there, as I did not spend much time.  The good news is that there is now ice along the river/lake shore and the gulls are roosting close to River Road, allowing for better observation/photographic opportunities.  There was one odd pale gull in the mix that I have to study photos of before commenting much on.  May just be a faded immature Herring Gull.  More later if worth mentioning further.

At least one Pine Siskin and one Purple Finch (both heard) at the Bent of the River.

Patrick

Patrick M. Comins
Director of Bird Conservation

Audubon Connecticut