[CT Birds] Hamden - Upper Lake Whitney Cycle, Jan 31, 2015

Arthur Shippee ashippee at snet.net
Sat Jan 31 18:03:25 EST 2015

From Arthur Shippee:
1/31/15 - Hamden, North Lake -- 5 Rusty Blackbirds

Chilly, ain't it?  Anyway, Lake Whitney is mostly all frozen;  a bit is open just under Whitney Ave. bridge, where a Common Merg. was enjoying himself.  Nice view of very pale Red-tailed Hawk adult, and even a Robin -- can spring be far away?  (Yes, I know, they're always around.)

Rusties around daily, in small numbers.

We'll see what Sunday/Monday's storm brings.

Begin forwarded message: