[CT Birds] Rough-legged at East River

Mark Szantyr birdinggeek at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 21:06:49 EST 2015

You know, i am not sure that anything has ever really been resolved in favor of birders by this group. Some discussion but not sure of any real results. I would like to be wrong if anyone can share how access  and management of Hammonasset have improved since our last round of issues or anything else pro-birder that has come from this. In my experience, the state is great at "listening" and then just doing what they intended. I am still dumb-founded why fishermen and boaters get access and birders do not...... Oh yeah..... The money thing.  I forgot.

I am going to take some advice I received today. I am going to bird like i always have in the places I always have and really not worry about new discriminating  restrictions.

Life is too short

Mark Szantyr
Storrs