[CT Birds] Thomaston Osprey

Tina and Peter Green petermgreen at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 28 19:40:36 EST 2015

Today while driving south on Route 8 at about 1:50pm,I spotted an Osprey perched near the top of a tree near Exit 39 in Thomaston along the Naugatuck River.Although I had a very quick view,I had an excellent look at the bird with perfect lighting.I did try to relocate the bird but was unsuccessful. Anyone in the area should be on the lookout for this bird. I did spot an Osprey on 12/14/14 along Route 8 several exits south of Exit 39 and I suspect this is probably the same bird. FYI, the Osprey looked very healthy!

1/28/15-Thomaston- the vicinity of Exit 39 Route 8 southbound- Osprey seen perched atop a tree

Tina Green
Sent from my iPhone