[CT Birds] Neck Rd Roughie and respect

julian hough jrhough1 at snet.net
Fri Jan 30 20:09:18 EST 2015

A note to people birding Neck Road for the Rough-legged. The houses at the end of the road are close to the boat launch access and close to where the bird hangs out.

I saw the bird today and one of the owners, after i asked permission, allowed me to take a few shots near her house.

Despite my impeccable British manners and charm in achieving said permission, it was apparent, that although pleasant, it wouldn't take much to frustrate her.

Thus, please be mindful of this if looking for the bird, and advise to watch from the boat ramp road.

Also one dark juv Rough-legged at Hammo, visible on Cedar Island.