[CT Birds] Rough-legged Hawk, Woodbury

Roy Harvey rmharvey at snet.net
Fri Jan 30 22:58:01 EST 2015

Passing along this update.

 From Tom Zissu
After having discussed the possible Rough-legged hawk that I saw at Logue Farm on Artillery Road in Woodbury with Russ Naylor, i am doubting my ID.  The hawk had a dark belly patch but it was placed on the lower chest and front belly, not farther back.  Also, there were no dark wrist bands; the tail was light and unbanded.  The hawk was hovering for several minutes, but again, Red-tails can also.  Sorry for any confusion that I might have caused.

Roy Harvey
Beacon Falls, CT