[CT Birds] Rough-legged at East River

Breslin, Sandy sbreslin at audubon.org
Sat Jan 31 22:10:58 EST 2015

Thanks, Mary and all. We've already requested a meeting with DEEP for our next round of talks on the issues that arose prior to this one. I agree, it certainly does feel as if we take one step forward and two steps backward, but if we don't keep delivering the message, backed by science and facts we won't get anywhere. Trying to change the culture at DEEP is like trying to turn around a freighter that is steaming forward. It won't happen quickly.

I agree with Mark - keep birding as you always have, keep politely ignoring and/or contesting stupid rules, keep sharing your experiences and information on this list and  be ready to speak out more forcefully if we don't get heard.

- Sandy

Sandy Breslin
Director of Governmental Affairs
Audubon Connecticut
185 East Flat Hill Road
Southbury, CT 06488
(203) 804-0488 Cell (Best!)
(203) 264-5098 x306
(203) 264-6332 Fax

Audubon Connecticut, the state office of the National Audubon Society with more than 10,000 members statewide, works to protect birds, other wildlife and their habitats using science, conservation, education and advocacy for the benefit of people and the earth's biological diversity. Through our network of nature centers, protected wildlife sanctuaries and local volunteer Chapters, we seek to connect people to nature and inspire the next generation of conservationists.