[CT Birds] Carolina wrens - West Hartford yard

Katherine Kuckens katkuckens at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 22:21:06 EST 2015

I am so happy to report that my Carolina wren, who was half of a happy,
busy pair until three weeks ago, has a new mate as of yesterday morning.
Many thoughts:  they were inseparable since Thanksgiving, and then there
was only one.  He called and called, day after day.  Did the other one get
taken by that visiting Cooper's Hawk?  Or a neighborhood cat?  Now there
are two again. Could it be that the missing one came back from somewhere?
I sure hope they stay safe until spring so they can nest and raise babies!

Kat Kuckens