[CT Birds] Barnacle Geese Enfield NO

Janis LaPointe sunbirdjan at cox.net
Wed Feb 4 18:07:43 EST 2015

I checked the CT River at Barnes Boat Ramp, Enfield, today from 3:30 to 4:15
p.m.    There were no Barnacle Geese.   I also did not see them the last
time I checked, probably Sunday Feb. 1.    I believe they were last seen
Saturday morning.    There are far fewer geese at this location, maybe 100.
As far as Frank's question about the two geese now in Hartford, there also
had been two Barnacle Geese in Agawam, MA, before they showed up in Enfield.
Seems possible these could be the same two moving down the river.
Janis LaPointe
Enfield, CT