[CT Birds] Red - b - Nuthatch

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 4 21:29:28 EST 2015

Litchfield on Town Farm Rd, while taking pictures I heard a Red breasted Nuthatch, pished it in and saw it.
but the rest of the day saw only a few Robin and some crows. Boy is it dead up here! I believe it is the worst winter for tree seeds and all the tree and bush berries have long been eaten. From this it seems our feeder offerings are about the only thing that is feeding the birds. Had 30 plus Siskin still here and Golds plus some Junco, 2 White throated and a tree and Song Sparrow plus local res birds.

Paul Carrier - Harwinton