[CT Birds] Siskin variations

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 4 21:40:28 EST 2015

With nothing to see except from my feeders, I noticed the plumages of the 30 plus Pine Siskin feeding here and became interested in their plumbage variations. So many different stages of plumages they are in. Full adult males and Females still having variations, and many different young plumages as well. Seems no two birds are alike! One I saw seemed a Siskin female but had no brown nor yellow on it. Thought it might be a female young Redpoll. The bill also looked a bit shorter than the Siskins.I was never sure of its specie...

Paul Carrier - Harwinton