[CT Birds] Cedar Waxwings on my Viburnum

Kathy Van Der Aue kathyvda at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 11:23:08 EST 2015

When we returned from Florida I saw that all the berries had been stripped
from our native, bird friendly plants except for the American Highbush
Cranberry(Viburnum opulus var. americanum).  That is now taken care of.
It's amazing how quickly the thousands of berries disappeared when a flock
of 25 Waxwings descended on it.  If you need to replace a shrub, please
think of a native alternative.  It's so rewarding and great for the birds
and butterflies.

Kathy Van Der Aue
Southport, Connecticut