[CT Birds] Nuisance bird

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Sat Feb 7 07:51:40 EST 2015

Got up at 7 or so, and at 7:30 I still hadn't seen a single bird in my
yard. With snow coming they should be mobbing the feeders. So i went outside
and  looked. Sure enough, 100 feet up in a 110 foot hickory sits the adult
Coopers  Hawk I've been able to take way too many pictures of. Almost directly
over my  main feeding area. I Clapped, I shouted, I finally played a tape of
a  Coopers Hawk (loudly). Didn't budge. Tried Red-shoulder. Still hasn't
budged. I  even told him he should have let me count him at Lighthouse last
fall and he  could be sunning someplace way down the coast. He just doesn't
listen! Any  ideas?

Don Morgan
Coventry, Ct