[CT Birds] Signs of Spring. No, really!

Christopher Loscalzo closcalz at optonline.net
Sat Feb 7 09:55:22 EST 2015

We took a walk in our neighborhood this morning and were pleased with
undeniable signs of spring.  We heard a Titmouse singing its repetitive
"Peter, Peter, Peter" song, watched some territorial behavior amongst
several local birds, and noted buds on trees.  Back at our feeders, we
noticed several male Goldfinches attaining their breeding plumage yellow
feathers.  It won't be long now before we'll be treated to the song of the
Red-winged Blackbird, see flocks of Grackles and Canada Geese returning
north, and watch Robins duking it out on the open ground.  We'll also
obsersve courtship behavior amongst the overwintering waterfowl.  Welcome
spring!!!

Chris Loscalzo and Marianne Vahey,

Woodbridge