[CT Birds] Sterling yard

dbobolink at aol.com dbobolink at aol.com
Sat Feb 7 17:10:37 EST 2015

>From Robert Dixon
2/7/15 - Sterling yard - 28 species -  Six species of woodpecker today (I think this is a first) including a drumming and calling male PILEATED WOODPECKER and continuing female YELLOW-BELLIED SAPSUCKER. Also female EASTERN TOWHEE, PINE SISKIN (18), RED-SHOULDERED HAWK, Brown-headed Cowbird (110) and Red-winged Blackbird (25).

Also for those interested, I received permission from management at the Quinebaug Fish Hatchery to put up a few feeders on the property. They are located near the parking area for Pasture Pond for easy viewing. Just a temporary set up for now until the ground thaws and something more permanent can be installed.