[CT Birds] Heron Food in Winter

lpflynn at optonline.net lpflynn at optonline.net
Sun Feb 8 11:45:04 EST 2015

I remember from way back in my ice fishing day, that we could get Killifish (mummies) for bait all winter long in shallow Salt/brackish waters.
I'm sure if I put out my mummie trap today, I could still get a load of small baitfish.
In fact, now that this captured my interest, I'll dust off the old trap and put it to use.
I'll let you all know the results as soon as I do this.
If anyone else has traps, it would be great to get sample's from other areas in CT.

Larry Flynn
Norwalk, CT