[CT Birds] Yellow headed blackbird

Patrick and Christine petcmt54 at msn.com
Sun Feb 8 11:55:45 EST 2015

Harris Road, Salem, Chris and Pat Tamborra    We have not seen the yellow headed blackbird yet today (we were out from 8:30 to 11 AM).  When we arrived home we were greeted by two coopers hawks above the feeders-one much larger than the other.  I have never seen this before-could a mated pair hunt together?  There are some cowbirds in trees-but everything at feeders is jumpy.  Birders who want to try for the bird are welcome to drive into my yard but do not block garage please.  The snow is deep, feeders are on left of house.

Good birding, Chris and Pat