[CT Birds] No birds in my yard yesterday :(

Mntncougar at aol.com Mntncougar at aol.com
Mon Feb 2 12:18:53 EST 2015

Most of the day yesterday I noticed there was very little ,  bird activity
in my yard, sometimes none. It happens sometimes for brief  periods, but
with the storm coming I figured they would be mobbing my feeding  areas.
Early afternoon I went out my front door and saw something  large and dark
fly out of the rhododendron right in front of my steps. It  flew to a tree
about 100 feet away and perched. Then I understood the problem.  Or part of
it, at least. Here's who I saw:
it moved a couple of times and then just sat there,  sunning, about 35 feet
up and almost over the road. I took pictures for quite a  while and it just
stared me down.
After about half an hour I was curious, so I went back out and  looked. He
was still in the same spot, but when he saw me he flew around  the side of
my house. I went the other way and saw a bird fly up into a  tree across the
street. Thought it was the same guy, but when I took some  pictures I knew
At least, I guess they don't like snow, because my feeders have  been busy
all day today.

Don Morgan, Coventry, Ct
mntncougar at aol.com