[CT Birds] Heron Food in Winter?

Steve Mayo and Rebecca Horowitz rsdmayo at sbcglobal.net
Sat Feb 7 19:01:14 EST 2015

I think that there are plenty of aquatic fare still available for these wintering birds.

I believe it was Flo McBride who published in the CT Warbler, an incident of an American Bittern gobbling up a Common Yellowthroat - at Hammo in Madison.  I recall American Bitterns in the Short Beach, Stratford "uplands" (ie, not near water) stalking sparrows.

Steve Mayo