[CT Birds] Horned Grebe at Long Wharf

Robert Hutton rvhuk at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 11 12:58:20 EST 2015

A single adult Horned Grebe was sighted at Long Wharf Pier this morning.Other visitors included
Gadwall
American Black Ducks
Scaups
Female Red-breasted Merganser
Buffleheads
Canada Geese
The gamut of local Gulls

Yesterday afternoon West River at the Washington Avenue Green Street Bridge.
The largest Murder of Crows I have ever seen stalked by Two Wolves.

On the water on either side of the Bridge

Common Merganses
Red-breasted Mergansers
Hooded Mergansers
Gadwall
American Black Ducks
Buffleheads
Mallards
Ring-billed Gulls
Herring Gulls
Male Downy Woodpecker
Red-Tailed Hawks
Starlings
Unidentified sparrows in flight.

There is an ice flow between the Bridge and the Fire Training Station which was alive with birds. I wasn't able to see what was there.

Common Goldeneyes continue on the Quinnipiac River at the gentrification project houses near Middletown Ave.All three Mergansers
Buffleheads

Juncos
Cardinals
Black -capped Chickadees
White Breasted Nuthatch
Mourning Doves
Rock Doves
Downy Woodpeckers
White-throated Sparrows
More House Sparrows than houses

At The Exchange feeders.

I just restocked the Thistle seed feeders this morning.