[CT Birds] Thick-billed Murre FLEW EAST out of sight

kmueller at ntplx.net kmueller at ntplx.net
Thu Feb 12 17:54:58 EST 2015

It also might be worth mentioning that a single Thick-billed Murre was
well seen and photographed close to shore in Newport, RI last week at
Cliff Walk. There are several THick-billed Murres at MacMIllans Wharf
in Provincetown, and great numbers of Alcids including many
Thick-billed Murres and Puffins were spotted flying by Race Point in
Provincetown the other day. I personally saw more Thick-billed Murres
this year off the cod boat at Coxes Ledge in Rhode Island...more than
I have ever seen there. It's obvious Alcids are late this year and
maybe an eruptive year for Thick-billed Murres as well....seems to be
many sighting lately, (more than most years). The CT shoreline might
be in for a few Alcid surprises soon!

Keith Mueller