[CT Birds] Stratford "white-winged" Gull

julian hough jrhough1 at snet.net
Fri Feb 13 18:38:07 EST 2015

I agree Mark, and maybe a pointed post about why this bird isn't an Iceland Gull, or an article documenting anomalous features in CT Warbler might help add some constructive insight for me.

I haven't seen pictures of the third-year but maybe Keith has images.

I just don't think continual labelling of this bird without specific and incisive comments is moving the discussion forward.

Perhaps Patrick and Keith who have admirably put time into this could offer a succint summary of why it isn't an Iceland Gull to help those, like me, who may have too hastily written it off as "just" an Iceland Gull. My opinion is no more or less than anyone else's but I guess I am challenging those current notions that it is something "else".

Respectfully,

Julian