[CT Birds] CACC

Beverly Propen bpropen at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 15:24:55 EST 2015

​2/11  Milford, Connecticut Audubon Coastal Center  10am-1PM, 22F-34F,
partly sunny/overcast, windy, marsh frozen over, til far out .
On marsh:  150+ Canada Geese, Buffleheads, Mute swans, mallards, Black
1 MERLIN chased a small bird over the marsh, but missed;  1 Northern
harrier, numerous gulls and 50+ "peeps" (I think Sanderlings).
1 Red shouldered hawk (on top of a cedar far out)-Thanks to Jim for great
scope views from tower.  Checked twice for Snowy owls on beach and marsh,
but none spotted during hours I was there.
On grounds & feeders: American crows, Song sparrows, Cardinals, American
Tree sparrows, House sparrows, Mourning doves and mockingbird.
Bev Propen, Orange