[CT Birds] Thick-billed Murre FLEW EAST out of sight

Nick Bonomo nbonomo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 15:07:57 EST 2015

As Frank was calling to tell me about the murre, he said that the bird
picked up and flew hard down the coast to the EAST, out of sight.

For what it's worth, this may not be a one-off. There have been a rash of
inshore Thick-billed Murre sightings from nearby states in recent days. In
fact, today's regional listserv reports include two together in New Jersey
and one at Brooklyn, NY. There have been inshore sightings as far south as
North Carolina, I believe. The next few days might be worth scouring the
coast for the same bird or others.

Great find Frank!

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT