[CT Birds] Short-eared Owl Morris

greg hanisek ctgregh at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 14 11:39:10 EST 2015

>From Greg Hanisek

2/14 Morris, Anderson Road - SHORT-EARED OWL I was heading toward Rt 63 when two birds of similar size appeared together on the tree line. It was quickly apparent that the one with the rounded wings, round head and buoyant flight was a Short-eared Owl, accompanied by a crow. The two circled around for about two minutes, then the crow broke off and the owl moved away to the northeast. I tried following it N on Rt 63 then E on Rt 109, but not surprisingly I couldn't relocate it.