[CT Birds] Carolina Wren dead

Carrier Graphics carriergraphics at sbcglobal.net
Sun Feb 15 18:33:34 EST 2015

Hi Katherine

   just yesterday my brother in New Hartford had a dead C Wren fall out of an opening in his porch roof when he closed the door. It to was in good shape. It came from a hole from the bottom of the roof. It must have put up in there for the winter. He has lots of firewood on the porch, and I'm sure this wren was feeding off the dormant insects and eggs found in the wood pile.  This wren species has recently expanded into CT from the south, and Im sure they still need to acquire the genetics to become full blooded winter survivors. They are making good headway on this however.

Paul Carrier - Harwinton, and i have two here that just love my suet offerings.