[CT Birds] Caroline wren - dead

Kathy Van Der Aue kathyvda at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 19:18:50 EST 2015

I'm sure we could take it for Birdcraft.  Have heart.  It's a natural
occurrence.  Carolina Wrens have extended their range north with climate
change and the survival of the fittest will determine which of them has the
right genes to withstand the colder weather.  I lost all the Carolina Wrens
in our patch in 1994 (?) and we now have vibrant healthy-seeming ones at
the feeders, despite the temperatures.  I surmise they are the ones that
survived and so life goes on (with Darwin).

Kathy Van Der Aue
Southport, Connecticut