[CT Birds] East Haddam Yard

sffaulkner at comcast.net sffaulkner at comcast.net
Mon Feb 16 08:52:25 EST 2015

My birds won’t touch any of the commercial suet cakes at all.  I don’t know what the fat is that is being used to bind them, but the birds appear to hate it.  I had one suet cake hanging for months with no one touching it.  Real suet, on the other hand, they love. So I get beef fat, melt it down and strain it, and mix with seeds to make my own.  These freeze well and I make enough for the whole winter in late fall.

Sarah Faulkner

Collinsville

Sent from Windows Mail