[CT Birds] re Hammonasset

David F Provencher (Generation - 4) david.f.provencher at dom.com
Mon Feb 16 11:31:00 EST 2015

Many northeast state and municipal road crews are exhausted form copious overtime trying to keep roads open during this challenging month. I drove one road this morning that had been recovered by blowing snow during the night and only made it through by driving my 4 wheel drive truck aggressively through drifts. Certainly would be nice to have more crews and trucks available to include state parks as a priority. But that's not happening without more funding (meaning higher taxes). So the priority remains keeping roads open and public safety. I for one am very grateful for the guys driving the big orange trucks and I certainly wouldn't want to have their job right now.

Dave Provencher