[CT Birds] re Hammonasset

Mark Szantyr birddog55 at charter.net
Mon Feb 16 16:39:53 EST 2015

Can you run through the list of the issues we have with access for birding
and bird photography on state owned lands including parks that you will be
taking to this meeting?  Is there a date set for the meeting?  Will future
plans to develop other state parks for non-environmental purposes, oh, say,
parks like Harkness, Rocky Neck, or Silver Sands,  be discussed ?  Will the
birding community really have any say in how these lands are used?  Does
buying a park pass give us any influence in using state lands?  If we have
a boating or fishing license, can we use these segregated  areas if we do
not actually fish or boat?

I do not want to appear skeptical about the success of this meeting but I
do know how good the administration is at lip service and how closely the
goals of DEEP are tied to money...

Mark Szantyr
Storrs