[CT Birds] re Hammonasset

Breslin, Sandy sbreslin at audubon.org
Mon Feb 16 17:40:15 EST 2015

Hi Mark,

We are in the process of scheduling a meeting and the agenda will be prepared in conjunction with Kathy and Tina as COA leaders. As you know, we have proposed a Parks Ambassador program to help make Parks Managers aware of the bird and birder usage at their Park throughout the year. We are also in the process of launching the Important Bird Area Advisory Committee, which has as its purpose establishing an IBA program within DEEP and promoting bird conservation and birding in the state.  Commissioner Klee and DEEP are supportive and have been working closely with us on both fronts.

If folks are experiencing problems with access or seeing issues with habitat management, please report this to Kathy and Tina. They can keep a list and we can provide that information to DEEP at our meeting.

Stay warm,

-          Sandy

Sandy Breslin
Director of Governmental Affairs
Audubon Connecticut
185 East Flat Hill Road
Southbury, CT 06488
(203) 804-0488 Cell (Best!)
(203) 264-5098 x306
(203) 264-6332 Fax
www.audubonct.org<http://www.audubonct.org>

Audubon Connecticut, the state office of the National Audubon Society with more than 10,000 members statewide, works to protect birds, other wildlife and their habitats using science, conservation, education and advocacy for the benefit of people and the earth’s biological diversity. Through our network of nature centers, protected wildlife sanctuaries and local volunteer Chapters, we seek to connect people to nature and inspire the next generation of conservationists.