[CT Birds] Fw: Roost boxes

zellene zellene at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 17 08:30:08 EST 2015

I have a roost box which is designed to be used in the summer as well...mostly have house sparrows in there, summer and winter. In the spring, the sparrows start nesting before the wrens. The wrens then start pulling out all the nesting materials. The sparrows put more back in....this goes on for some time. The sparrows won last year.  Today I saw a starling trying to get in the box without success. I also have a large owl box which is comfortably housing a squirrel or two.

Zellene