[CT Birds] Fw: Roost boxes

Kathy Van Der Aue kathyvda at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 08:44:25 EST 2015

I have bluebird nest boxes that I've seen Downy Woodpeckers enter to spend
the night.  We don't get Bluebirds in our yard so I put nest hole
restrictors on the boxes in the spring so the smaller cavity nesters can
use them without harassment by House Sparrows.  I remove them in the fall
so the boxes can be use for winter roosting by larger birds.

Kathy Van Der Aue
Southport, Connecticut